10th International Film Students Meeting
(Online meeting community)twitter.com/eiecinehttp://www.facebook.com/EncuentroInternacionaldeEstudiantesdeCine
Yet another year San Sebastian Festival, together with Tabakalera
- International Centre for Contemporary Culture, are organising the International Film Students Meeting, an event focussing on the presentation of work by students from film schools across the world. At the pre-selection stage of this 10th Meeting, 134 short films were received from 56 schools in 25 countries: Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Morocco, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA, and Venezuela.
The Meeting will take place on 21, 22 and 23 September.
This year, Belgian filmmaker Nicolas Provost
will be the chariman of the Jury. His works have been screened in San Sebastian several times, within the experimental short film cycle Labo
, organized by Tabakalera
and Donostia Kultura
The short films and schools selected this year are:
- TWIST AND BLOOD, Kuba Czekaj (RADIO & TV DEPARTMENT OF KRZYSZTOF KIESLOWSKI'S NAME UNIVERSITY OF SILESIA, Poland)
- SCHLAFSTUNDÉ, Zevik Zelikovitch (THE FILM & TELEVISION SCHOOL SAPIR COLLEGE, Israel)
- LONG DISTANCE CALL, Grzegorz Muskala (DFFB - GERMAN FILM AND TV ACADEMY, Germany)
- ALTO SAUCE, Fernando Pomares (ESCAC, Spain)
- QUISIERA LA TARDE, Carolina Sourdis (ESCUELA DE CINE Y TV UNAL, Colombia)
- DYLAN, Ania Winiarska (NATIONAL FILM AND TV SCHOOL, UK)
- MONA LISA IN THE PROVINCE, Yoav Arbel (BEIT BERL COLLEGE SCHOOL OF ART, Israel)
- L’OR BLANC, Adama Sallé (ESAV, Morocco)
- LA FIESTA DE CASAMIENTO, Gastón Margolin and Martín Morgenfeld (UNIVERSIDAD DEL CINE, Argentina)
- GEEN WEG TERUG, Shariff Korver (NETHERLANDS FILM AND TV ACADEMY, the Netherlands)
- EVA - SHEM ZMANI, Dor Fadlon (TEL AVIV University, Israel)
- GUAÑAPE SUR, Janós Richter (ZELIG, Italy)
- LA SIGUIENTE ESTACIÓN, Nicolas Sandino (POLITÉCNICO GRANCOLOMBIANO, Colombia)
The Meeting will also include the out-of-competition screening of shorts from two projects fostering international collaboration and production processes.
On the one hand, we will screen two shorts from the Atelier Masterclass project underway between the film schools La Fémis in Paris and the Filmakademie in Baden-Württemberg.
On the other, the Meeting will once again showcase the Istanbul Express project with the screening of WE ARE NOT LIVING IN A FUCKING HOSPITAL, directed by Vappu Tuomisto. This short is the result of the project presented by Istanbul Express at the 9th International Film Students Meeting (2010), an initiative targeting the production of 15 documentary shorts in which young filmmakers reflect their impressions of a train journey to Istanbul. WE ARE NOT LIVING IN A FUCKING HOSPITAL is the resulting work by one of these directors, Vappu Tuomisto.
The International Film Students Meeting is jointly organised by the San Sebastian Festival and Tabakalera-International Centre for Contemporary Culture. It also enjoys the support of San Sebastian European Capital of Culture 2016, as a clear-cut exponent of the cultural scenarios and ways of working promoted by the Bid.