16th International Film Students Meeting
San Sebastian Film Festival
International Film Students Meeting Awards 2016
The International Film Students Meeting (Eiecine) section of the San Sebastian Film Festival gathers students from film schools all over the world to attend screenings of their previously selected short films, discussions and master classes given by industry professionals. The selected short films will be screened at showings open to the general public and a competition between the short films presented at the meeting will also be called. Here, a student jury, chaired by a prestigious filmmaker, will choose the winner of the Panavision Award. Moreover, a specific jury formed by students from Basque schools, coordinated by a teacher from the University of Mondragon and chaired by the Development Management Department of Orona Fundazioa, will give the Orona Award to the most cutting-edge short film in the Meeting.
The event also comes with a suggestive programme of activities including the visit of outstanding film industry professionals who will present their films in San Sebastian, such as Todd Haynes and Christine Vachon (Wonderstruck in Pearls), Raymond Depardon and Claudine Nougaret (12 jours / 12 Days in Zabaltegi-Tabakalera), José Luis Torres Leiva (El sueño de Ana / Ana’s Dream in Zabaltegi-Tabakalera), Marine Francen (Le Semeur / The Sower in New Directors) and Nobuhiro Suwa (Le lion est mort ce soir / The Lion Sleeps Tonight in the Official Selection). The Chilean filmmaker will also chair the Jury of the XVI Film Students Meeting.
This year the Meeting will last five days, from Monday 25th to Friday 29th September, one more day than previous years. Thus the Festival strengthens one of the most important sections within its strategy of encouraging new talents.
The International Film Students Meeting is jointly organized by the Festival and Tabakalera-International Centre for Contemporary Culture; it enjoys the collaboration of Panavision and Orona Fundazioa and is part of the San Sebastian 2016 European Capital of Culture legacy.
September 25, Monday
11:00 Opening EIECINE 2017
11:15 Master Class 1, Raymond Depardon + Claudine Nougaret
Screening: 12 Jours, Raymond Depardon, France, 88', Zabaltegi-Tabakalera section
September 26, Tuesday
10:00 Short Film Competition. Session 1
13+, Nikica Zdunić, Academy of Dramatic Arts, Croatia, 21'
Find Fix Finish, Sylvain Cruiziat y Mila Zhluktenko, University of Television and Film Munich, Germany, 20'
11:45 Short Film Competition. Session 2
De Madrugada, Inês de Lima Torres, Escola Superior de Teatro e Cinema, Portugal, 30'
The Jungle Knows You Better Than You Do, Juanita Onzaga, LUCA School of Arts, Belgium, 20'
15:30 Master Class 2, Todd Haynes + Christine Vachon
Screening: Wonderstruck, Todd Haynes, USA, 120', Pearls section
September 27, Wednesday
10:00 Short Film Competition. Session 3
L’Home Llop, Lluís Sellarés, ESCAC, Spain, 21'
Ya Ostayus/I'm Staying, Grigory Kolomytsev, Russian State University of Cinematography (VGIK), Russia, 20'
Heimat, Sam Peeters, Royal Institute for Theatre, Cinema and Sound, Belgium, 14'
12:15 Short Film Competition. Session 4
Fiora, Martina Juncadella y Martín Vilela, Programa de Cine de la Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, Argentina, 17'
Deux égarés sont morts, Tommaso Usberti, La Fémis, France, 27'
16:00 Master Class 3, José Luis Torres Leiva, President of the jury of EIECINE
El sueño de Ana, José Luis Torres Leiva, Chile, 2017, 9’
Obreras saliendo de la fábrica, José Luis Torres Leiva, Chile, 2005, 21’
September 28, Thursday
10:00 Short Film Competition. Session 5
Vězení/ Imprisoned, Damián Vondrásek, Film and TV School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, Czech Republic, 27'
Zeit Der Unruhe, Elsa Rosengren, DFFB - Berlin Film Conservatory, Germany, 11'
Microcastillo, Alejandra Villalba García, Escuela superior de Cine – ESCINE, Mexico, 22'
12:15 Short Film Competition. Session 6
212, Boaz Frankel, The Sam Spiegel Film and TV School- Jerusalem, Israel, 20'
Wandervogel, Mina Fitzpatrick, Northwestern University, USA, 20'
16:00 Master Class 4, Marine Francen
Proyección: Le semeur, Marine Francen, France, New Directors section, 98’
September 29, Friday
11:00 Master Class 5, Nobuhiro Suwa
Screening: Le lion est mort ce soir, Nobuhiro Suwa, France, 2017, 103’, Official section
San Sebastian Film Festival
- Date: Monday, 25 September 2017 > Friday, 29 September 2017
- Location: Cinema - Screen 1
- Access: Ticket
- Masterclass by Raymond Depardon and Claudine Nougaret 25-09-2017 - 11:15-13:15 - Cinema - Screen 1
- EIECINE 2017 1. Session: 13+ & Find Fix Finish 26-09-2017 - 10:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- EIECINE 2017 Session 2: De madrugada & The Jungle Knows You Better Than You Do 26-09-2017 - 11:45 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Masterclass by Todd Haynes and Christine Vachon 26-09-2017 - 15:30-18:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- EIECINE 2017 Session 3: L'Home Llop & I'm Staying & Heimat 27-09-2017 - 10:00 - Zinema - 1 Aretoa
- EIECINE 2017 Session 4: Fiora & Deux égarés sont morts 27-09-2017 - 12:15 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Masterclass by José Luis Torres Leiva 27-09-2017 - 16:00-18:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- EIECINE 2017 Session 5: Vězení & Zeit Der Unruhe & Microcastillo 28-09-2017 - 10:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- EIECINE 2017 Session 6: 212 & Wandervogel 28-09-2017 - 12:15 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Masterclass by Marine Francen 28-09-2017 - 16:00-18:15 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Masterclass by Nobuhiro Suwa 29-09-2017 - 11:00-13:30 - Cinema - Screen 1