Camilo Restrepo: La Bouche
A man learns his daughter has been brutally murdered by her husband. Time stands still as he oscillates between the need for solace and his urge for revenge.
A musical featuring Guinean percussion master, Mohamed Bangoura (“Red Devil”), loosely based on his own story.
I had the idea for this film after meeting Mohamed Bangoura and his son, Ella. Through mutual friends, Mohamed asked me to film a concert in Paris organised in homage to his daughter who had been killed in a case of domestic violence two years earlier.
The concert was neither a show nor a ceremony, but Mohamed Bangoura’s music, along with that of members of his family who were performers, established that evening a link between the living and the deceased young woman.
The film is entirely sung and spoken in Soussou, one of the languages spoken in Guinea where the Bangoura family comes from. Traditional West African Djembe drums accompany the songs.
More than simply exploring the family tragedy, the film, inspired by Mohamed Bangoura’s experience, questions our relationship with death and justice.
- Date: Thursday, 1 February 2018 > Wednesday, 28 February 2018
- Schedule: Loop
- Location: Horma
- Access: Free entry
- Ángel Santos: Teenagers (21 film portraits) 01-01-2016 > 31-01-2016 - Loop - The Wall
- Salomé Lamas: A Torre, Theatrum Orbis Terrarum and Norte, el juicio del fuego 01-02-2016 > 29-02-2016 - Loop - The Wall
- Birgit Hein: 5 works 01-03-2016 > 31-03-2016 - Loop - The Wall
- Gerhard Treml and Leo Calice: Eden's Edge / Three Shorts on the Californian Desert 01-04-2016 > 30-04-2016 - Loop - The Wall
- Eloy Domínguez Serén: Yellow brick road 16-05-2016 > 23-06-2016 - Loop - The Wall
- Jean-Gabriel Périot: Our days, absolutely, have to be enlightened 24-06-2016 > 31-08-2016 - Loop - The Wall
- Mathieu Kleyebe Abonnenc: Préface à des fusils pour Banta 06-10-2016 > 20-11-2016 - Loop - The Wall
- Entre islas 12-12-2016 > 01-01-2017 - Loop - The Wall
- Natalia Marín: New Madrid 02-01-2017 > 31-01-2017 - Loop - The Wall
- Jean-Marie Straub & Danièle Huillet: Europa 2005, 27 de octobre 01-02-2017 > 28-02-2017 - Loop - The Wall
- Lois Patiño: Fajr 01-03-2017 > 31-03-2017 - Loop - The Wall
- Laida Lertxundi: 025 Sunset Red 01-04-2017 > 30-04-2017 - Loop - The Wall
- Sasha Huber & Petri Saarikko: Remedies-Rongoâ 03-05-2017 > 31-05-2017 - LOOP - The Wall
- Hacked Circuit: Deborah Stratman 02-06-2017 > 30-06-2017 - Loop - The Wall
- Susana de Sousa Dias: Natureza morta 07-07-2017 > 31-07-2017 - Loop - The Wall
- Jennifer Levonian: Xylophone 07-08-2017 > 17-09-2017 - - The Wall
- Ana Vaz: A Idade da Pedra 02-10-2017 > 30-10-2017 - Loop - The Wall
- Carla Andrade: Sibila 06-11-2017 > 30-11-2017 - Loop - The Wall
- Emilio Moreno: The I Mine 01-12-2017 > 31-12-2017 - Loop - The Wall
- Lucrecia Martel: Rey muerto + Pescados+ Nueva Argirópolis 31-01-2018 - Loop - The Wall
- Camilo Restrepo: La Bouche 01-02-2018 > 28-02-2018 - Loop - Horma
- Helena Wittmann: 21,3º C 01-03-2018 > 31-03-2018 - Loop - The Wall
- Clément Cogitore: Les Indes Galantes 02-04-2018 > 30-04-2018 - Loop - Horma