Correspondences: Eric Baudelaire
On June 23, Tabakalera will inaugurate the first individual exhibition dedicated to French artist Eric Baudelaire at any art centre in the Spanish state. As with Deborah Stratman, Baudelaire’s work naturally traverses the artistic and cinematographic realms. Baudelaire uses images and history to construct a discourse whose key themes are the cinematographic tool itself, its limits, memory, identity and the ideological. His work can be considered a singular example of political film-essay.
With the exhibition as background reference, this season proposes dialogue-circulation between his films and other films that have helped him to define, expand and project his own audiovisual realm in multiple directions.
- - Cinema and architecture 2015
- - The Atomic Age
- - OhPortugal!
- - Avid eyes
- - Zabaltegi-Tabakalera seasons
- - Cinema and architecture 2016
- - For an Impossible Cinema. Documentary and Avant-garde in Cuba (1959-1972)
- - The Shortest Week
- - Artist portraits
- - Correspondences: Eric Baudelaire
- - Four dreams, four summer nights
- - The Shortest Week 2018
- - Fluor cinema
- - Galloping bodies. Locomotion.
- Date: Saturday, 24 June 2017 > Sunday, 2 July 2017
- Location: Cinema - Screen 1
- Access: Ticket
- Price: 3,5€
CinemaThe Ugly One02-07-2017 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
CinemaStalker01-07-2017 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
CinemaThe Anabasis of May and Fusako Shigenobu, Masao Adachi and 27 Years Without Images30-06-2017 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
CinemaRyakushô renzoku shasatsuma (A.K.A Serial Killer)24-06-2017 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1