Collective workshop in which we will learn how to use methodologies of design in open code. Via experimenting with rejected materials, we will build prototypes, as well as the guidebooks that will include the instructions to replicate the prototypes created.
The workshop has two distinct parts: one on theory and raising awareness about waste and how it can be reused, looking at objects made using open source processes; and another more practical part, where participants will experiment with materials from Tabakalera’s storeroom and build new prototypes or furniture that can be taken home afterwards.
The workshop is for anyone interested in design, waste products and DIY, and promotes multidisciplinary teamwork.
The workshop’s main aims are:
- To propose and explore new furniture solutions through planning, design and transforming waste.
- To create collective and participative dynamics that encourage DIY as a tool for raising awareness and direct reflection.
- To train participants in how to use open source design tools.
- To promote a DIWO (Do It With Others) culture.
- To publish the results and instruction manuals on the digital platform El-Recetario.net
- To find constructive habitat solutions.