Letters to ourselves from Abkhazia
Conference by Gorka Bereziartua
Letters to Max (2014). Eric Baudelaire
Gorka Bereziartua sets out to find similarities and differences between Abkhazia and the Basque Country. His search will address how the idea of the nation state has evolved, using these two specific cases as an example (What is a state for? Has it always been this way? Who can be a state and who cannot?) The process will also look at wars and armed conflicts — an issue of key importance both in Abkhazia and in the Basque Country — and in doing so will broach an unavoidable question: What is it about the question of nationhood that means blood is likely to be spilt when tensions arise?
As Eric Baudelaire did with Maxim Gvinjia, Gorka Bereziartua will question himself and the audience to facilitate a variety of reflections on these questions.
- Date: Thursday, 7 September 2017
- Schedule: 19:00
- Location: Exhibition Hall
- Language: EU
- Access: Free entry
- Opening of Eric Baudelaire's exhibition "The Music of Ramón Raquello and his Orchestra"
- Conversation between Eric Baudelaire and Anna Colin
- Conversation between Maxim Gvinjia and Xabier Madariaga
- Visits in dialogue to Eric Baudelaire's exhibition
05-07-2017 > 20-09-2017 -
Twice a month, on Wednesday 18:00 (ES) and 19:00 (EU) -
- Experimental visits to Eric Baudelaire's exhibition
19-07-2017 > 27-09-2017 -
- Talk on the film 'Also Known As Jihadi'
- Letters to ourselves from Abkhazia