We could cite Paulo Rocha, Manoel de Oliveira or João César Monteiro or some of the founding spirits of the revolution of the new Portuguese cinema that emerged in the sixties and whose long shadow has spread to present day. But the question of this cycle is another: who here and now? What is the relationship between the classics and the new? And above all: why is Portuguese cinema still one of those rare cinemas with presence, influence and mark on the international cinema and festival circuit? We want to know and this cycle, which will take place during the first half of 2016, has been started up to invite to Tabakalera the directors, filmmakers and films that are today finding their place on the new stage of Portuguese cinema.
A few names: Salomé Lamas, Gabriel Abrantes, Rita Acevedo Gomes, Maureen Fazendeiro, Joaquim Pinto, Miguel Gomes, Pedro Costa, João Salaviza, João Vladimiro, Sandro Aguilar...
And a double journey, as the cycle invites the newest arrivals to present their films and, at the same time, to choose a work from the history of Portuguese cinema they consider important in their career.
- - Cinema and architecture 2015
- - The Atomic Age
- - OhPortugal!
- - Avid eyes
- - Zabaltegi-Tabakalera seasons
- - Cinema and architecture 2016
- - For an Impossible Cinema. Documentary and Avant-garde in Cuba (1959-1972)
- - The Shortest Week
- - Artist portraits
- - Correspondences: Eric Baudelaire
- - Four dreams, four summer nights
- - The Shortest Week 2018
- - Fluor cinema
- - Galloping bodies. Locomotion.
- Date: Friday, 1 January 2016 > Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Schedule: 19:00
- Location: Cinema - Screen 1
- Visita, ou memórias e confissões 01-01-2016 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Aniki-Bóbó 03-01-2016 - 18:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Motu Maeva 08-01-2016 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Terra de ninguém 06-02-2016 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Torre Bela 13-02-2016 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- John From 11-03-2016 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- O Bobo 24-03-2016 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Ceci n'est pas Gabriel Abrantes. A selection of his short works 01-04-2016 - 20:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Trás-os-Montes 29-04-2016 - 20:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Rabo de peixe 11-06-2016 - - Cinema - Screen 1
- A vingança de uma mulher 01-07-2016 - - Cinema - Screen 1