LABO 3 - 2018
Presented by Sébastien Duclocher
Beetle Trouble by Gabriel Böhmer
LABO 3, 81'. All short films willl be screened in OV with Basque subtitles.
Presentation: Sébastien Duclocher, member of the Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival.
The conflict between John and the beetles that show up everywhere. Luckily he has his trusty cat to keep him company as well. Eventually John decides he needs to get rid of the pests, but it isn't so easy with the medication he's on.
Beetle TroubleGabriel Böhmer, United Kingdom - Scotland, 2017, 13'30, OV with Basque subtitles, DCP
A hypnotic journey into the depths of consciousness that follows the traces of poet Paul Celan. An archivist listens to extracts from recordings by Celan, dissects the archival materials, penetrates the space of an old street photo of 1937 Czernowitz and resurrects the past in a female alchemy.
CounterlightMaya Zack, Israel, 2017, 23'30, OV with Basque subtitles, DCP
Everything is different but nothing has changed. A trip through a sunken maze of memories and dreams.
RerunsRosto, France-Netherlands-Belgium, 2018, 14'15, OV with Basque subtitles, DCP
A mutilated love letter to the film's form shaped as a response to Mike Hoolboom's "Color My World" (Canada, 2017). A flicker-fest lamenting a lost relationship with narrative cinema, by which it is forever marked.
Re-VueDirk de Bruyn, Australia, 2017, 05'58, OV with Basque subtitles, DCP
This short film, inspired by Common's "Black America Again", is a celebration of the beauty, strength, perseverance and spirit of the Black community in spite of these troubling times.
Black America AgainBradford Young, USA, 2016, 21'55, OV with Basque subtitles, DCP
- - Cinema and architecture 2015
- - The Atomic Age
- - OhPortugal!
- - Avid eyes
- - Zabaltegi-Tabakalera seasons
- - Cinema and architecture 2016
- - For an Impossible Cinema. Documentary and Avant-garde in Cuba (1959-1972)
- - The Shortest Week
- - Artist portraits
- - Correspondences: Eric Baudelaire
- - Four dreams, four summer nights
- - The Shortest Week 2018
- - Fluor cinema
- - Galloping bodies. Locomotion.
- Date: Saturday, 3 March 2018
- Schedule: 20:30
- Location: Cinema - Screen 1
- Access: Ticket
- Price: 3,5€ (Session) / 10€ (Pass)
- Kimuak 2017 27-02-2018 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- EIECINE + Universidad del cine 28-02-2018 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- LABO 1 - 2018 02-03-2018 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- LABO 2 - 2018 03-03-2018 - 18:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- LABO 3 - 2018 03-03-2018 - 20:30 - Cinema - Screen 1
- LABO 4 - 2018 04-03-2018 - 18:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- LABO 5 - 2018 04-03-2018 - 20:30 - Cinema - Screen 1