The new Zabaltegi-Tabakalera competitive section is the most open, risky, unrestricted area at International Film Festival. This year, 24 titles have been submitted, showing once again that diversity in cinema is possible: short films, very long feature films, fictions, animations, documentaries, essays... The section gives validity to the question “ What is cinema?” and responds with a wide range of trends and forms of what is happening in contemporary cinema worldwide.
During October, in collaboration with International Film Festival, ten of these titles will be screened in our cinema: we have five feature films and five short films for audiences that couldn’t see them during the festival.
- - Cinema and architecture 2015
- - The Atomic Age
- - OhPortugal!
- - Avid eyes
- - Zabaltegi-Tabakalera seasons
- - Cinema and architecture 2016
- - For an Impossible Cinema. Documentary and Avant-garde in Cuba (1959-1972)
- - The Shortest Week
- - Artist portraits
- - Correspondences: Eric Baudelaire
- - Four dreams, four summer nights
- - The Shortest Week 2018
- - Fluor cinema
- - Galloping bodies. Locomotion.
- Date: Friday, 30 September 2016 > Friday, 28 October 2016
- Location: Cinema - Screen 1
- Access: Ticket
- Zoologiya + El extraño 30-09-2016 - 20:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- The Hedonist + A cidade onde envelheço 14-10-2016 - 20:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Gure hormek + Louise en hiver 16-10-2016 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- 489 years + El viento sabe que vuelvo a casa 23-10-2016 - 19:00 - Cinema - Screen 1
- Caminan + The Illinois Parables 28-10-2016 - 20:00 - Cinema - Screen 1